Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kick Ass Weather

Actually turned out to be quite a kick in the A** as the coldest night yet seen by me and I was doing an emergency night. 37 admissions....the entire night in the ward, not a wink of sleep save for two super strong doodh-pattis that I asked Sister Neelam to make for me. Had this been Summer I swear I wouldn't have been able to bear the night. Strangely the patients were very tame, perhaps because I was at sometime or the other casting dagger glances at all the beds looking at which bed to oust if another patient came on Ambu or needed back rest and Oxygen. So they all fell silent..they all fell studiously ill for my benefit. Even the Seizure Gal rattled for a few seconds and lay docilely suggestive when I went to her. And the Hysterical patient stopped whining about not having his routine and religious pee call ( He is catheterized since a week by the Shrinks...). The night was a dangerous grey. And the fog seeped into my room to that extent to remind me of Haley Joel Osment's vapours in Sixth Sense. By that analogy, I must be spewing chimneys of smoke...but leave aside the ridiculous, the mist is everywhere...in my ward, in my room...inside my cupboard...and now, after a non stop no wink of sleep 12 hours duty in ward, in my mind.

It must be a zero degree today here in Rohtak...and it was dangerously beautiful...I am still in one piece. But I hope it spares us in Gangtok where my two old people will along with me and Sis. For them and them only, I want it to end....

Another misty mouthed smile...And I disappear into a misty dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment