Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Demonoid Is Back

Long wanted to write about it but just have the time to put in a few lines. Ever since I returned from Guwahati work has been maddening. My Co-Pg graciously gave me an evening's rest and I utilized it to the full extent by sleeping, surfing ( mostly unproductive) and looking up and down the site I am about to mention....and now Blogging...

Just go through it and use it if you find it useful. Forget about it if you don't.This is not intended for people who believe that even on the internet pirated stuff is taboo. If you don't, then read on.

Demonoid is back, with a bang. Same green monster with his staff, and the best in books, movies and software comes packaged the same way it was before. I would like to speak about the software it gives, but we have several sites with far worthy writers giving excellent resources on the same. However I will concentrate on what I can do best.

Lets talk about getting invitations, and using Demonoid to download Medical Ebooks, journals and the like.

Free users for Demonoid can use a maximum 5 downloads a day. But the one instance when my Mozilla did not autoconnect on startup I guess the number reached was a wee bit early. And download is via any Torrent Programme. The new code written and currently being tested apprehends more downtime but to be honest I did not feel that to be such a big problem considering my downloads are usually a maximum of 100 to 150 mb books in .chm format. I do not "read" 'audio'books. Hence the option to 'read' Revolutionary Road was out the moment I saw the 600Mb odd document.

The featured torrents remain the same sad way they used to be at the top. But the biggest news awaits anyone who might have used Demonoid before to download medical books. And anyone doing so not knowing the God of Uploads NUALAOR. Yes, HE is there. He is alive, still not accepting private messages ( read book requests) and still uploading fantastic stuff. Sometimes I get this crazy feeling he might work for Wolter-Kluwers or Lange or the like because most of his releases are Springer Publications. Nevertheless, The Polite-Positive-Prepared man is upping what the world looks forward to wolf down. Few Indian names also seem to be coming up and its wise enough to have a go at Babloo75.

( I support the seeding stuff considering all the stuff I have downloaded from Demonoid and Internet stuff so far....MY seeding-leeching ratio stands at a modest 0.52. But neither does my 80 GB 4 year old laptop nor my 128kbps connection allows me to seed 24/7. However with small documents esp with low seed leech ratios that I think are important or when an active leecher sends a request, I do leave them on for the time.)

Nualaor is just one of them. The Medical Books apart, there are loads of journals, novels, games, self help books, videos, movies, audio books to choose from. The only hitch is that a different registration ID is required to read and reply in the Forum section so I havent got much idea about this bit. On the whole Demonoid is one of the best sites to get your stuff which has least hassles and which wouldn't make you run pillar to post to run for an invitation to join ( e.g BitMe.Org ) to find out all that work was never worth it. Ever since Mininova started on with Content Distribution it is the best piece of news for all those people like us from countries like India who can use this tool and learn to be the best in the field.

While it lasts that is. So go for it. Green Monster is still grinning.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!!!

    It's good to know Demonoid is back!!! Never been a user myself, but heard only great stuff about it.

    Could yo send me an invitation please? I would appreciate it very much...

    Thanks in advance, no matter what ur answer is.

    Sergio (sergarfer@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sergio: Hey sorry about the late reply. Apparently only forum members are the registered lot....And I donot have a registration there...So unable to send an invitation to anyone...let alone to you...

    sorry about that :(

    ReplyDelete