Monday, May 31, 2010

What do you do

When you write a paper and publish it but find the same thing and the same treatment has been published years before with the same taglines almost.

My professor is a very sad man. None of our papers are getting published either because the stuff we are reporting is outdated or because of insufficient reports or workup, or because we are speaking the truth and not putting in too much fabrication. Plus with his penchant for speed I have a feeling, we are lacking out on content ( thats a personal opinion). Hence, our papers are going everywhere and coming back.

I have taken one case report but I am sitting on it for the time being. And collecting all things I can get on it for free. Once I am done with it, I will perhaps realize that there is not much new to report in this case. The condition is at least diagnosed, and very few have been reported so far. Hence, I will perhaps try not to do what Indians do best, collate stuff and then twist the truth to arrive at a conclusion.

Summarily expresses what some of my old colleagues used to say when I was at AIIMS. So much fund being given for research, AIIMS has virtually produced no meaningful research in the last 50 years since its inception.

When AIIMS could not do that, what can we say about PGIMS?

Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment