Saturday, December 12, 2009

Jesus!!! Google Chrome sucks!!!

I decided to yet gain tamper with my browser that I decided to give up my Firefox for good and installed Google chrome on my ailing 248 MB RAM Compaq Presario C500. Though Google chrome promises to be faster than Firefox, I was disappointed to see the interface, its simplistic, set in rather large letters that makes you think you are running it in safe mode, doesn't have Google homepage incorporated into it. So that makes the onus of typing in Google every time you want to look something up....And this doesn't suit me who opens browser chiefly for looking things up on the net.

Browser speed is claimed to be fast in Chrome but to be honest I did not find it appealing. I remember using Firefox six years back from Internet Explorer on the insistence of my computer mechanic and falling in love with it the very first time I used it.. Now though we have 8 to 10 browsers all consuming some space in the market, almost none of them are a big departure from the earlier standards. I opened Orkut in Firefox and then in Chrome, it opened in a jiffy in Firefox. Plus the restoring previous sessions option in Firefox is a boon for those unwanted crashes when Firefox stops functioning. Even if a site doesn't open, or Firefox takes some time to load a page, the green rectangles somehow look good at the bottom of the screen. The same cant be said of Chrome. It looks like a single simple web browser with no extra features.

Am now downloading Apple Safari in Chrome and lets see how does it do...Morale of the story...Firefox is powerful, relatively hassle free, fast web browser with very satisfactory download and browser speeds with good anti virus protection and lots of add ons that make viewing, downloading and sharing fun. If you want to change it you should have good reasons for it....

And if you still use Internet Explorer, the next thing you should do is get Firefox....

1 comment:

  1. Hey in google chrome, google search is incorporated. For example if you search "why telangana" just type it in the address field, it will search for it on google.

    ReplyDelete