Tuesday, March 23, 2010

COLDPLAY

In a long long time, I a now got a song I can listen in a loop and not get bored...Dont Panic ( Its a beautiful world) by Coldplay.....Totally replaced Hotel California. Even if the comments on Youtube is at its hilarious best. Love this song. Thinking about this, perhaps its time that I write about all the songs I have listened and adored for the last 4 years that I have listened to them.

Trouble is an Exceptional song. The trouble is the Youtube videos where you see the songs synced with the movie Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. It has perhaps the best piano startup ( and I will be damned if I get to know it was played on a Synthsizer). The lyrics as always is simple and soulful, and Chris Martin plays it with his characteristic incomprehensible accent. The music is so out of sync with each other, if you listen carefully, you will see the Piano, the lead instrument and the most profound of them all, plays with a tune that neither matches the drums nor the voice or lyrics of the vocalist itself. But if you listen to the music with a pair of headphones on, (and after you know what Chris is saying, from Google), the song will sweep you off its feet. ( I haven't caught the meaning of the video yet, its shot in Black and white and unless I look for the meaning of the video on Google, I am decided I wont get it)

The Scientist is totally unconmparable. You talk about lyrics, or you talk about the video, everything about it is perfect. Perhaps next to Elvis, Chris Martin has the sexiest voice on earth. Incredibly lazy ( Such a Rush), poignant ( The Scientist), reproachful ( Trouble), incisive ( Swallowd in the Sea) and full of love and soul ( most of them). The Scientist will hit you best if you are a someone who has loved and lost. Just like Pink Floyd wants to make you drunk.

Swallowed in the Sea was a one time favorite when I was in my self-incarcerating mood of letters and writers. I now dont listen to it that much, not because the song did not live upto its reputation, but perhaps rather because the person who was responsible for my loving the song did not ultimately keep my faith alive. And anyways things have now been swallowed up by the Sea.

Yellow was never a big hit with me. The only Rock I guess I would enjoy are Elvis or whatever alternate genre Pink Floyd fits into. All I can say is that you can never say that if Coldplay releases an album, one or two of them are bound to get eternal. Its not all punk or sex or drugs that Rappers hiphop the generation to. I never needed Fix You to lift my mood, but I get incredibly sad with Trouble and The Scientist. And Beautiful world ( Don't panic) is a song that gets a smile on my lips anytime, anyday.

I hope they make more songs like this till eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment