Friday, August 27, 2010

My first confession will be Sunita...a case of TB Meningitis who was there in my first month of posting. I will not mention the reasons for her death, but I will tell here that I am going to read about this and try to do womething better..She was a beautiful woman, newly married and had a daughter..and when she dies her mother had held on to me long after the others went. That was possibly the first day I had cried in hospital. I could not know she was developing hydrocephalus and her conjugate gaze palsy started and went on until I stopped forcing it on myself that it was not coincidence. Opposite to her was this real marasmic female with TB meningitis and DVT who survived. Suneeta never made it. I met her mother yesterday, and she came and hugged me. Women. They never forget another one they connect with.

And I will mention it when I finish with TB Meningitis. Since then I have seen very few deaths with it, except this one occasion when the man was so down with TB, that he had cutaneous TB, and of course one where we did not give ATT to a patient with SIDS with a near normal CSF..I will get back to you on this...Its a promise.

Thanks to two teachers here I have with me, who I think have faith in me, I am beginning to get my nerve back, along with the unnerved back, and I am back. The wards are beginning to seem once more like Cuttack now.

No comments:

Post a Comment