Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Miserable tales of the XX

I hope God takes away this pain, this terrible pain I have been living with for the past 9 months, and all the fears associated with it. I cannot sit at the computer, cannot read, cannot write and cannot enjoy a book or a walk without having to shift my weight every 5 minutes. And the peculiar tugging sensation as if my perineal body was pulled by a strong rope anchored to it by a steel hook stops me in my tracks the few times it occurs. I will write about it. Not today. I am trying my best to shift about every 5 minutes and write a paper I have long since taken the sole responsibility to write, bypassing my Professor's insistence to contribute, because I kind of felt a personal attachment to the patient and thankfully, he allowed me to. I will finish this paper and write when I go home for three weeks to remove the intramural fibroid I have been harboring in my uterus for perhaps a decade or more, the reason for most of my miseries in life. I own an obligation to myself and this parasitic shameless lump of tissue that has been tugging at my crevices for a year now trying to announce its presence, and when I ignored it, it decided to grow and slow my life down.

It will not succeed. And it will also not take my uterus down.

No comments:

Post a Comment